- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mild-tasting honey (such as clover or alfalfa)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Prepared pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In saucepan over medium heat, stew raisins in water until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in honey, butter, egg yolk, flour and nuts, and continue cooking until mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Roll out half the pastry dough to form 11-inch circle. Transfer to 9-inch pie plate, and trim edges, leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
- Pour filling into pastry in pie plate.
- Roll out remaining pastry dough to form 12-inch circle. Place over filling, and seal and flute edges.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until crust is golden. Cool before slicing. NOTE: If desired, this pie can be prepared with a single crust and a meringue topping instead of a double crust. Simply place the filling in a baked pie crust, and cover with prepared meringue. Bake until meringue is nicely browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Raisin Honey Pie
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES