Queso Blanco Cucumber Salad
By Maggie Bullington | Jul 30, 2019
This bright, fresh salad with Hispanic-influenced flavors can also be made with homemade ricotta. Yields 4 servings as a side dish.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup queso blanco, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Photo by Jiri Hera
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
More Simple Cheese Recipes:
Maggie Bullington lives in rural Alabama with her family of homesteaders. She gardens, assists with several home businesses, and tries new recipes with farm-fresh ingredients. Follow Maggie at TinyRanch.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.