Pressure Cooker Chicken Stock Recipe
- 4 to 5 pounds chicken bones (carcasses, necks, backs, legs, thighs, or wings)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients in electric pressure cooker. Cover with cool water, about 5 quarts.
- Cook at 10 psi for 30 minutes, and then allow pressure to come down naturally.
- Ladle stock into food storage containers and let cool, then refrigerate overnight. Freeze stock you don’t intend to use within 3 days.
More Pressure Cooker Recipes:
Whenever you cook chicken, save the bones in a zip-close bag in your freezer until you’re ready to make stock with this simple recipe. Some stock recipes call for more spices — often white peppercorn, cloves, and thyme. You can add about a teaspoon of each of these if you wish, but a neutral stock is more flexible in cooking.