1 hr DURATION
20 min COOK TIME
40 min PREP TIME
2 dozen SERVINGS
- 1 small potato
- Dash of salt
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 jar (12 ounces) peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In small stockpot, boil potato with skin on until fork-tender. Remove from pot, and let cool.
- Peel and mash potato in medium mixing bowl. Stir in salt. Add confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, stirring after each addition, until dough forms.
- Lightly dust work surface with a little sugar. Roll out dough like pie crust to 1/2-inch thick.
- Spread peanut butter evenly over dough, and sprinkle with pecans. Roll up dough, jellyroll style, and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in freezer for 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer, and slice to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Find more Irish Recipes for your Saint Patrick's Day Celebration.
Make simple Irish potato candy for a sweet treat on Saint Patrick’s Day.