Make simple Irish potato candy for a sweet treat on Saint Patrick’s Day.
• 1 small potato
• Dash of salt
• 1 pound confectioners’ sugar, divided
• 1 jar (12 ounces) peanut butter
• 1 cup chopped pecans
1. In small stockpot, boil potato with skin on until fork-tender. Remove from pot, and let cool.
2. Peel and mash potato in medium mixing bowl. Stir in salt. Add confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, stirring after each addition, until dough forms.
3. Lightly dust work surface with a little sugar. Roll out dough like pie crust to 1/2-inch thick.
4. Spread peanut butter evenly over dough, and sprinkle with pecans. Roll up dough, jellyroll style, and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes, or until firm.
6. Remove from freezer, and slice to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.