I was never much of a fan of pork chops until I discovered the spice combination in this dish. Fresh apples take the boring old “pork chops and applesauce” to an entirely new level.
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of allspice
- 4 pork chops
- 4 tablespoons lard, divided
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- In a small bowl, mix garam masala, salt, turmeric, cayenne, and allspice.
- Rub spice mixture on pork chops and let rest for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons lard over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and brown on both sides until cooked through. Remove pork chops from the pan, and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt remaining 1 tablespoon lard. Add chopped apples and cook for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned, which gives the apples a salty, caramel flavor.
- Serve pork chops topped with a spoonful of apples.
More from Home-Rendered Recipes:• Breakfast Skillet Recipe
• World’s Best Kale Recipe
• Refried Beans Recipe
• Tenderloin Stir-Fry Recipe
• Home-Rendered Recipes