- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup solid fat (lard, butter or shortening)
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour and salt, whisking to ensure salt gets evenly distributed. With pastry blender, cut in fat until mixture forms pea-sized crumbs. Add milk, and mix with fork until dough comes together in ball.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. On lightly floured work surface, using floured rolling pin, roll each portion of dough out into circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Carefully transfer to 3 ungreased 8-inch pie plates.
- Add filling to unbaked pie shells, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and crusts are golden brown. NOTE: If the pie shells need to be baked before adding your filling, prick the crusts liberally with a fork, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, in a preheated 400-degree oven. Cool completely on wire racks before filling.
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES