Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffin Recipe
By Renee Pottle
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk and eggs.
- Fill each muffin cup half full with batter. Top with about 1 teaspoon of jam. Finish filling muffin cups with remaining batter.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
This recipe has been a family favorite for three generations. It’s the recipe I make for potlucks, long road trips, and grandchildren’s lunches.
Learn about other ways to fix jam disasters in:
- How to Save Overcooked Jam
- Amanda’s Chicken Cherries Jubilee Recipe
- Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Renee Pottle is a freelance writer and author. She writes about food preservation, food businesses, and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington.