Delicious Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 to 10 large peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
- In another bowl, cream together 1/4 cup sugar and butter; add egg yolks.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milk to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Fill shallow pan with peaches. Sprinkle with lemon juice and remaining sugar. Pour batter over top. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites with confectioner’s sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over cooked peaches. Return to oven, and bake until brown.
Marva Proffer, Clarkston, Michigan, requested a recipe for peach cobbler that she remembers from CAPPER’s magazine a number of years ago.
She said the peaches were sliced, and then dipped in milk and a flour mixture. Brown sugar and warm water were combined and poured over the top.
In our archives, we found a 1971 Peach Cobbler recipe.