Banana oatmeal pancakes are delicious and filling.
• 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup uncooked quick or old-fashioned oats
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
• 1-1/4 cups milk, room temperature
• 1 egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
• 1 cup mashed bananas
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• Maple syrup
• 2 bananas, sliced
• Whole or halved walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 200 F. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In large bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and salt, if desired.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg and oil. Stir into flour mixture.
4. Add mashed bananas and chopped walnuts, and mix with fork until just moistened.
5. Grease skillet with additional oil, butter or lard, enough to lightly cover bottom. Pour 1⁄4 cup batter into hot skillet. When top is covered with bubbles and edges look dry, flip with spatula. Continue cooking until bottom is golden. Remove from skillet and place on baking sheet or oven-safe plate. Keep warm in oven.
6. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet each time.
7. Serve pancakes in stacks, topped with syrup, sliced bananas and whole or halved walnuts.
Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.