Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies
Thick and hearty, these cookies are great treats in a packed lunch or in a backpack for a hike.
• 1-1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup peanut butter, softened
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1-1/2 cups grated zucchini
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease baking sheets, or line with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in grated zucchini, oats and white chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, keeping them about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden.
7. Remove from baking sheets to cool completely on wire racks.
8. Store cookies in airtight container when completely cooled.
Need more chocolate? Check out Chocolate Dessert Recipes for All Tastes.
Kathie N. Lapcevic is a writer and teacher who specializes in garden, food and recipe creation. She blogs at Homespun Seasonal Living and, when not working, can be found playing in the great outdoors of northwest Montana.