- 1 cup Rubus berries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup mascarpone
- 15 phyllo dough mini tart shells, unbaked
- Rinse berries and cover with granulated sugar. Set aside in a bowl for at least 30 minutes to soften and become juicy.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and almond extracts, and powdered sugar. Beat with electric mixer on low for about 30 seconds to combine, then switch to high speed, until mixture has soft peaks.
- Gently add mascarpone and mix until blended. Chill until you’re ready to use. This mixture will hold its fluffiness for about 24 hours.
- Bake tart shells according to package directions. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- To serve, add a spoon of creamy filling to each tart shell, and top with berries and their juice.
We use prepared miniature tart shells for this recipe. They’re phyllo dough, each about 2 inches across, and are sold 15 to a package. You can use larger tart shells if you desire. Plan on serving 3 to 4 mini tarts per person.