Yields 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 cooked peeled potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- In a stockpot over medium-low heat, sauté onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add cheeses, cream, milk, parsley, and half of bacon, and stir to combine. Cover, and cook until cheeses have melted.
- Garnish with fresh chives, shredded cheddar cheese, and remaining bacon.
For more Seasonal Soup Recipes, check out Winter Soups to Warm You Up.
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry.