Your homemade yogurt cheese will shine in this light, airy cheesecake, which is the perfect blend of tart and sweet. Yields 1 cheesecake.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups homemade yogurt cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Photo by margo555
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make crust: Mix together flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a 9-by-9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make filling: Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat yogurt cheese, lemon juice, and zest until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream mixture until just combined.
- Spread filling over cooled crust in an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To make sauce: Combine water, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then add blueberries and lemon juice and continue simmering, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each portion of cheesecake with a spoonful of blueberry sauce.
More Simple Cheese Recipes:
Maggie Bullington lives in rural Alabama with her family of homesteaders. She gardens, assists with several home businesses, and tries new recipes with farm-fresh ingredients. Follow Maggie at TinyRanch.