Made at Home Vegetables, by Dick Strawbridge and James Strawbridge (Mitchell Beazley, 2012), proves just how productively green you can be all year round. Whether you have a tiny urban plot, a terrace, a community garden allotment or plenty of space in your own garden, growing your own vegetables is one of the easiest ways to transform the way you eat. The following excerpt from the chapter “Autumn” teaches you how to make garlic pizzas.
Purchase this book from the GRIT store: Made at Home Vegetables.
Kohlrabi Coleslaw Recipe
• 4 carrots
• 2 kohlrabi
• 2 apples
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• zest and juice of 1 lime
1. Peel the carrots and kohlrabi and cut them into matchsticks. Pop them in a bowl.
2. Next, peel and cut the apples to match. Put them into the bowl, then add the mayonnaise, lime zest and juice and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
More from Made at Home Vegetables
• Grow Large, Juicy Garlic Bulbs
• Garlic Pizzas Recipe
• Grow Your Own Sweetcorn in the Summer
• Sweetcorn Fritters With Salsa and Lime Mayo Recipe
• How to Grow Fennel
• Roasted Fennel With Blue Cheese and Chestnuts Recipe
• Grow White and Purple Kohlrabi
Reprinted with permission from Made at Home Vegetables, by Dick Strawbridge and James Strawbridge, and published by Mitchell Beazley, 2012. Buy this book from our store: Made at Home Vegetables.