Italian Herb Chicken with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano, basil and pepper; add the chicken, green beans, and potatoes and toss to coat. Pour this mix into the pan and spread around evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Roast for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
More from The Cupboard to Table Cookbook:• Raspberry Butter Crumb Cake Recipe • Cinnamon Rolls with Orange “Kist” Icing Recipe • Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
Reprinted with permission from The Cupboard to Table Cookbook: Satisfying Meals Made from What You Have on Hand by Judy Hannemann, published by The Countryman Press, an imprint of W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. 2016. Buy this book from our store: The Cupboard to Table Cookbook.
Time to eat, but out of time to shop? Judy Hannemann is here to provide inspiration to use what you already have in your cupboard, fridge, and freezer to make a delicious and healthy home cooked meal. In The Cupboard to Table Cookbook (The Countryman Press, 2016), Hannemann has not only more than 100 simple and straightforward recipes to share, but also includes a list of basic ingredients to keep on hand, some of which you may not have considered essential before. With this guide, you can minimize food waste and grocery shopping trips, as well as save time and money. Perfect for busy families, frugal chefs, and rural livers alike, this is a cookbook that proves you don’t have to rely on expensive, unhealthy takeout or spend hours shopping and cooking to whip up a breakfast, dinner, or anything in between. Never make that hectic, last-minute trip to the grocery store again!
You can purchase this book from the GRIT store: The Cupboard to Table Cookbook.