Instant One-Pot Meals: Southern Recipes for the Modern 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker (The Countryman Press, 2018), by Laura Arnold provides easy recipes using a 7-in-1 electric pressure cooker. Whether it’s Texas-Style Chili or Brown Sugar BBQ Ribs, you can whip up a southern meal fast no matter how busy your schedule! The following recipe is from Chapter 4, “Condiments.”
Kick up the heat in under 10 minutes using your pressure cooker! Choose your favorite spicy chilies to customize your hot sauce.
• 3 cups Fresno chili peppers or cherry peppers, stemmed
• 1 habanero pepper, stemmed
• 2 red bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
• 2 cloves garlic
• 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Sterilized heatproof jars, boiled in water for 10 minutes
1. Add the peppers and garlic to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to the bowl of the pressure cooker and add the cider vinegar, water, and sea salt.
2. Secure the lid and place on Manual with high pressure for 2 minutes. Use quick release and remove the sauce to a container to cool completely without the lid.
3. If you prefer a smooth hot sauce, return the hot sauce to the food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Transfer to sterilized jars and cool completely without the lids. Once cool, secure the lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Note: This hot sauce can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. For a longer preserved hot sauce, follow canning procedures outlined by the FDA.
More from Instant One-Pot Meals:
Recipe reprinted with permission from Instant One-Pot Meals, by Laura Arnold and published by The Countryman Press, © 2018.