- Spinach and arugula
- Raspberries, sliced pear, sliced apple, or other seasonal fruit
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 part apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 part soy sauce
- 1 part nutritional yeast
- Garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano, to taste
- 1 part oil of choice
- Water, to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients, save for oil and water. Once combined, add oil. Thin with water, to taste.
- Combine all salad ingredients, and then toss with dressing.
Use these salad ingredient ideas and a homemade healthy salad dressing to create a fruit-filled, refreshing side salad to pair with your favorite pie from amongst our pizza toppings list. For our salads, my friend Natalie Lubsen mixes a simple dressing with nutritional yeast that she learned how to make at a summer retreat at the Hollyhock Lifelong Learning Centre in British Columbia, Canada.
To share pizza topping ideas with Amanda and her Pie Fri friends, email them to ASorell@OgdenPubs.com, or send them to 1208 NE 55th St., Seattle, WA 98105.