This traditional hickory nut pie uses simple ingredients for a delicious dessert.
• 3 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup white syrup
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 cup chopped hickory nut meats
• 1 unbaked pie shell
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In large bowl, mix together eggs, syrup, sugar, vanilla and butter. Stir in nut meats.
3. Pour filling into pie shell.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F, and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool before slicing and serving.
Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.