- 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Into pie shell, spread chocolate chunks evenly over bottom. Sprinkle pecan halves over chocolate. Set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove and let cool for 2 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, coconut sugar, and eggs.
- Pour mixture over pecans and chocolate in pie shell, making sure pecans are completely covered.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until firm. Cool slightly, and serve warm. Check out these other untraditional dessert recipes.