Citrus (Ten Speed Press, 2015) by Valerie Aikman-Smith and Victoria Pearson is a visually stunning collection of inventive, foolproof recipes that highlight the sunny ingredient of citrus, from the ubiquitous lemon, lime, and orange to the more obscure kumquat and yuzu. This collection of seventy-five delicious recipes will brighten up both your kitchen and your cooking.
Yellow Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
• 1 yellow grapefruit, peeled
• 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
• 2 cups baby kale or similar greens
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Quarter the grapefruit, then cut into 1⁄4-inch slices. Arrange on a platter or in a shallow bowl. Top with the avocado slices, then sprinkle with the baby kale.
2. To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
More recipes from Citrus:
Reprinted with permission from Citrus, by Valerie Aikman-Smith and Victoria Pearson, copyright © 2015, published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photographs copyright © 2015 by Victoria Pearson.