Yields 2 to 4 servings
• 1 envelope (.25 ounces) of active dry yeast
• 1 cup of lukewarm water
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 2 tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate
• Pizza sauce
• Processed cheese and mozzarella cheese
• Bell pepper
• Sweet Corn
• Olive Oil
To make the pizza dough:
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Let stand for about 10 minutes, until it gets creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and sodium bicarbonate. Stir in the yeast mixture. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil another large bowl, place the dough inside it and turn to coat with oil all around. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume.
Wait for about 45 minutes while the dough levitates. Then you can start creating your pizza, as described below.
To make the topping and bake:
- Take a rolled base and spread pizza sauce all over it.
- Add the desired veggies. Try to put the veggies before anything else, otherwise they’ll crowd the pizza top and defy the heat inside the oven.
- Add a layer of processed cheese.
- Follow up by adding mozzarella.
- Top with a few slices of veggies for a fresher look.
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil, as adding it helps to brown of cheese.
- Put the pizza in the oven at 250 C or 480 F for about 12 minutes (or till the cheese is cooked).
- Garnish with herbs.
Serve immediately! It’s too tasty to wait any longer.