Everyday Cucumber Salad Recipe
There are plenty of ways to customize this salad. You can make it half-tomato and half-cucumber, all cucumber or tomato, or any proportion you like, depending on what you have on hand. Use any type of vinegar, but I recommend the ones listed below. Finally, choose whatever herb best complements the dinner, though parsley goes well with almost anything you serve.
Yields 4 servings.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups quartered and sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion or 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs of choice
In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and herbs, and gently toss. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more cucumber salad recipes here.
Andrea Chesman has written more than 20 cookbooks. She gives cooking demonstrations at events across the United States.
Persimmons: Sweet as Pie
Plant persimmon trees in zones 4 to 9 and harvest sweet fruit for delicious recipes of cupcakes, custard pies, sweet breads, iced cookies.
Leavened and Unleavened Flatbread with Recipes
Learn the history behind flatbread and try your hands at making leavened and unleavened fresh flatbread recipes in no time.
Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
Sift red fife heritage wheat flour before measuring to ensure the correct amount and air is incorporating into the double chocolate cookies.