Here at GRIT Magazine, we like to make recipes using ingredients originating in our own backyards. These Easy Candied Pecans can be made in 30 minutes or less and make a great gift.
Pour some candied pecans into a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it for a simple and festive gift.
• 4 cups pecan halves
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together.
2. Spread mixture on an aluminum foil-covered cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
3. Break apart, let cool and enjoy!
Here at GRIT Magazine, we are passionate about rural American know-how and helping people learn more about creating the self-sufficient lives they want. Check out Videos from GRIT to see more from our editors.
Find us on these social networks: