Photo by Andrea Chesman
This salad is very delicate; don’t make it ahead of serving time.
Yields 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 4 cups cubed and seeded watermelon
- 4 cups sliced and quartered cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a salad bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Add the watermelon, cucumber, basil, onion, and black pepper. Toss gently. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.
Check out more cucumber salad recipes here.
Andrea Chesman has written more than 20 cookbooks. She gives cooking demonstrations at events across the United States.