Crustless quiche is a lighter, quicker take on a country breakfast favorite.
• 1 tablespoon oil or butter
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 large eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
• 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9-inch pie plate or 9-inch square baking dish; set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add and sauté onion and garlic until tender. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
3. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cooled onion and garlic.
4. Place layer of tomatoes in bottom of prepared dish. Pour egg mixture over tomatoes, and sprinkle with chopped basil. Top with layer of mozzarella slices, and cover with remaining tomato slices.
5. Cover with foil, and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until center is set. Cool slightly before serving.
Looking for more hearty breakfast ideas? Check out these Country Breakfast Foods.