Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup
By Valerie Boese | Dec 2, 2019
Yields 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cream
- Crusty bread or crumbled bacon, for garnish
- In a stockpot, heat oil on medium-low. Add celery, carrot, and onion. Sauté 5 to 8 minutes, stirring regularly, until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, and white wine to pot. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and broccoli, and simmer for 5 more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, and add cream. Cook gently on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with crusty bread or bacon bits.
For more Seasonal Soup Recipes, check out Winter Soups to Warm You Up.
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.