The holidays will soon be here, and it’s never too early to start thinking about new side dishes for your gatherings. Here’s a refreshingly tangy side dish that compliments turkey well. It’s simple to prepare a day in advance and travels well.
Fresh cranberries can be found in the produce section of your local supermarket from early October through December. Luckily, they can be frozen in an airtight bag for up to one year, so be sure to stock up!
Give this Cranberry Pineapple Jell-O Salad Recipe a try this Thanksgiving!
Cranberry Pineapple Jell-O Salad Recipe
• 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 3-ounce boxes cherry or strawberry Jell-O
• 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
• 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
• 3/4 cup fine chopped celery
• 1 large jar maraschino cherries
1. Rinse cranberries. Discard any soft or shriveled cranberries.
2. Put water and sugar in saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar.
3. Add cranberries and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until most of cranberries burst. (Do not stir.)
4. Remove from heat. Stir in Jell-O and crushed pineapple.
5. Add nuts, celery, or cherries if desired.
6. Put into a dish.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Thank you for reading!
Which do you prefer: whole or smooth cranberry sauce?I invite you to visit my blog. RuckusGirl Blog; on Twitter; and please “Like” my page on Facebook.