In the South, where buttered cornbread is as common as sweet tea, you’ll always find cornbread dressing. It’s often served as a side rather than a stuffing, and can be served with any meat.FOR MORE, SEE STUFFING OR DRESSING?
• 1 small pan or skillet of cornbread, crumbled
• 4 buttermilk biscuits, crumbled
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 3 stalks celery, diced
• 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
• 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
• 6 cups chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9-by-13-inch casserole dish; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Spread in prepared dish, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until center is set and top is light brown. Cool slightly before serving.
NOTE: To shorten the baking time, use two 8-inch pans and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.