Corn Casserole Recipe with Ground Beef
1 hr 20 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1⁄4 pound pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 20 to 24 ripe olives, pitted and halved or sliced
- 1-1⁄2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder, to taste
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large cooking pot over medium heat, brown ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic, breaking meat into crumbles as it cooks; drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, corn, olives, chili powder and salt. Increase heat to medium-high, and heat until mixture comes to boiling.
- Pour into ungreased 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole dish.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, milk and eggs. Pour over meat mixture in dish, and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until casserole is hot, topping is golden brown, and cheese is melted. Cool slightly before serving.
Try more quick weeknight dinners with Easy Casserole Recipes.
An easy corn casserole is warming and hearty when made with ground beef and pork sausage.