Cold summer soups are delicious, especially when you get to use home-grown vegetables in them.
• 1/2 cup water or almond milk
• Juice of half a lemon (about 1-1/2 tablespoons)
• 1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded
• 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, peeled and seeded
• 1 avocado, seeded
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 1 small tart apple, cored and sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
• 1 carrot, grated, optional
• Handful of pumpkin seeds, optional
1. Place water, lemon juice and cucumber in blender. One at a time, add zucchini, avocado, onion, broccoli and apple, blending after each addition until smooth. Add salt and dill, and blend for a few seconds.
2. Pour into bowls for serving. Top with grated carrot and pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Want more fresh, cool recipes? Visit Quick Summer Recipes.