One Dirty Bowl (Front Table Books, 2014) indulges your sweet tooth while getting you out of the kitchen in no time. From author Christina Dymock, One Dirty Bowl provides quick, tasty desserts that use only one bowl, which means more time with your family and friends at the table. The following chocolate fudge brownie recipe comes from the section "Beautiful Brownies & Bars."
This book can be purchased from the GRIT store: One Dirty Bowl.
I can't say enough wonderful things about these brownies. I've served them to large groups of women, my family, and neighbors for a special treat. They are so delicious that it's hard not to eat more than your share. When you make them, beware: they are addictive.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies With Lemon Frosting Recipe
• 4 eggs
• 1/3 cup evaporated milk
• 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
• 2 cups suga
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1-1/2 cups flour
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• lemon frosting
• chocolate fudge frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 × 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs and evaporated milk until light and fluffy, 5 minutes on medium speed.
4. Add the butter and sugar and beat well. Add the water, vanilla, flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix until the batter is smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30–32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Place the pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 2 hours.
7. Frost with lemon frosting and let sit uncovered for 1–2 hours so the frosting can set.
8. Frost with chocolate fudge frosting and serve.
More from One Dirty Bowl:• Oatmeal Coconut Cookies Recipe
Reprinted with permission from One Dirty Bowl by Christina Dymock and published by Chelsea Green Publishing, 2013. Purchase this book from our store: One Dirty Bowl.