For more new sandwich ideas, see Summer Sandwich Recipes.
• 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
• 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
• 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
• 1⁄2 cup chopped dried tart cherries
• 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
• 1 tablespoon dried dill
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 8 slices pumpernickel bread
• 8 lettuce leaves
1. In large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, honey mustard, dried cherries, celery, dill, salt, and onion powder. Mix well.
2. Assemble sandwiches with bread, lettuce, and chicken salad.
Note: The chicken salad mixture is also delicious served in a cucumber sliced lengthwise with the seeds removed, great for those following a gluten-free diet.