Chicken Parmesan Linguine Recipe
This baked-to-perfection chicken parmesan is piled on top of tender linguine, making a perfect dish for a special occasion.
by Valerie Boese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/2 pounds raw chicken breast, cut lengthwise into ¾-inch-thick strips
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more if needed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Set aside.
- Add flour and chicken to a 1-gallon zip-close bag, and shake thoroughly to coat each chicken piece.
- In a large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add coated chicken pieces one at a time, and brown for 5 to 8 minutes on each side. Add more olive oil to pan if needed as chicken cooks.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove chicken from frying pan and place in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, spacing about 1/2 inch apart. Season with salt and pepper. Cover each piece of chicken with a generous amount of marinara sauce. Spread cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Place chicken in oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- While chicken is baking, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, and then toss in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven. Divide pasta among 6 dinner plates, and top each with marinara sauce and a piece of chicken. Garnish with additional cheeses and snipped parsley.
Check out more delicious chicken recipes here!
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry in Nebraska.