Chicken Parmesan Linguine Recipe
By Valerie Boese | Aug 7, 2020
Photo by Valerie Boese
Yield: 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/2 pounds raw chicken breast, cut lengthwise into ¾-inch-thick strips
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more if needed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley for garnish (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Set aside.
2. Add flour and chicken to a 1-gallon zip-close bag, and shake thoroughly to coat each chicken piece.
3. In a large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add coated chicken pieces one at a time, and brown for 5 to 8 minutes on each side. Add more olive oil to pan if needed as chicken cooks.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F.
5. Remove chicken from frying pan and place in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, spacing about 1/2 inch apart. Season with salt and pepper. Cover each piece of chicken with a generous amount of marinara sauce. Spread cheese mixture evenly over top.
6. Place chicken in oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
7. While chicken is baking, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, and then toss in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
8. Remove chicken from oven. Divide pasta among 6 dinner plates, and top each with marinara sauce and a piece of chicken. Garnish with additional cheeses and snipped parsley.
Check out more delicious chicken recipes here!
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry in Nebraska.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.