- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, sliced into 1⁄4- to 1⁄8-inch-thick strips
- In 1-gallon zipper-seal bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well. Add chicken strips. Seal bag and ensure that all meat is coated with marinade. Place bag in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Place chicken strips in single layers on dehydrator trays. Dry at 145 F for 5 to 7 hours, or until completely dry. Length of drying time will vary depending on thickness of chicken strips. Want more jerky recipes? Read How to Make Jerky for a full array of recipes and an introduction into the world of jerky.
Adapted from Preserve It Naturally: The Complete Guide to Food Dehydration, and submitted by Julianne, (also known as The Ninj) of the Yankee Kitchen Ninja blog, this Chicken Jerky Recipe for pets and people.