Adapted from Preserve It Naturally: The Complete Guide to Food Dehydration, and submitted by Julianne, (also known as The Ninj) of the Yankee Kitchen Ninja blog, this Chicken Jerky Recipe for pets and people.
• 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, sliced into 1⁄4- to 1⁄8-inch-thick strips
1. In 1-gallon zipper-seal bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well. Add chicken strips. Seal bag and ensure that all meat is coated with marinade. Place bag in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
2. Place chicken strips in single layers on dehydrator trays. Dry at 145 F for 5 to 7 hours, or until completely dry. Length of drying time will vary depending on thickness of chicken strips.
Want more jerky recipes? Read How to Make Jerky for a full array of recipes and an introduction into the world of jerky.