- 1 round bread loaf
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and diced into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut out center of bread to form a bowl. Cut removed bread into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, ranch dressing, chicken, and cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into bread bowl. Place bread bowl on a large nonstick cookie sheet and arrange bread cubes around edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread cubes, and place bread bowl back in oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove, and garnish top with bacon. Serve with toasted bread cubes.
This is a terrific, no-fuss appetizer that’s perfect for a family get-together or tailgate party. For tailgating, simply wrap the bread bowl in foil and grill on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Check out more delicious chicken recipes here!
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry in Nebraska.