Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
SIMPLE STEW AND SOUP RECIPES:
10 Homemade Stew and Soup Recipes for Fall and Winter
- 1 broiler chicken, dressed and cut into 8 pieces (3 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lard, cold and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Place chicken pieces in large saucepan with enough water to cover and add pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- To prepare dumplings, combine flour, baking powder and remaining salt in large bowl.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in lard until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Add milk, 1/4 cup at a time, and mix until soft dough forms; set aside.
- When chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink at bone, transfer to cutting board. Remove skin, shred chicken, and discard or set bones aside for later use.
- Return shredded chicken to pot. Bring stew to boiling.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into pot.
- Cover pot and boil for 12 minutes, or until dumplings have doubled in size.
- Serve immediately. Yields 6 servings.
Honey-Infused Beverage Recipes
Honey-infused drinks from soda to switchel beverages for beekeepers and lovers, natural antioxidants, throat soothing, good for guts, delicious.
Plum Kuchen Recipe
Theresa Wagner, Madison, Wisconsin, offers a Plum Kuchen Recipe that works for breakfast or dessert.
Kuku Sabzi Recipe
Make this beautiful and tangy Iranian dish with light herbs, garlic, zereshk and hold it all together with eggs.