Rich, chewy brownies are easy to make from scratch, and blending or mashing frozen eggs keeps the final treat free of yellow flecks of undissolved yolk. Photo by Kristi Cook.
Any frozen eggs may be used in this recipe. Completely thaw eggs in the refrigerator. If using whole frozen eggs, mash or blend yolks to minimize yellow flecks.
Yields 12 brownies.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large frozen eggs, thawed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add oil and eggs, and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the middle is soft but not squishy. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Learn how to store seasonal bounty for later in How to Preserve Surplus Eggs.