• 1 tablespoon butter
• 3 cups pecan halves
• 1/2 cup sugar, divided
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. In large, nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in pecans and all but 1 tablespoon sugar. Cook until sugar melts, about 5 to 10 minutes, tossing pecans often so they brown but don’t burn. Remove from heat.
2. In small bowl, mix together remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add to skillet and toss to coat pecans.
3. Spread mixture on wax paper and let cool for about 20 minutes, then break up clumps and store in resealable plastic bag.
Interested in some more special treats for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Whip up some of the homemade delights featured in Recipe Box: Holiday Candy Recipes.
Associate Editor Jean Teller is sure she’s not the only one to consider the candy and desserts one of the best – and certainly the most tasty – parts of the holiday season.