- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 10 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 225 F. Use rimmed baking sheet with fitted rack, if possible. Line baking sheet with foil. Place rack over foil, and spray rack generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In shallow bowl, combine brown sugar and cayenne, mixing well.
- Place bacon in brown sugar mixture, pressing down to coat one side, then turning and coating other side. Shake off excess mixture, and place bacon on prepared rack.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, turning every hour. When done, bacon will be deep mahogany brown and will have shrunk quite a bit.
- Cool for a minute, then move slices around every so often to ensure they don’t stick to the rack as they cool completely. Want more jerky recipes? Read How to Make Jerky for a full array of recipes and an introduction into the world of jerky.
Janice Lawandi of Kitchen Heals Soul submitted this Candied Bacon Jerky Recipe. Using only three ingredients, this easy-to-make jerky only takes a few hours in a low-temperature oven.