6 to 8 servings SERVINGS
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter lima beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) white northern beans, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, bacon, and onion until beef is browned, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Drain excess grease.
- In medium bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vinegar. Add beans and beef mixture, and mix well.
- Transfer to 3-quart baking dish, and bake for about 45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Lora Barlew. Original recipe found in Pennsylvania State Grange Cookbook.
FOR MORE, SEE BLUE RIBBON BAKED BEANS RECIPES.