In Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love, Shay Shull helps readers feel the "Super Mom effect" of having dinner simmering and ready to eat after an exhausting day. Shull utilizes her slow cooker to create delicious meals from her tweaked versions of her favorite recipes. Readers can have mouthwatering meals ready for them at the end of the day by just tossing a few ingredients together and letting the slow cooker take care of the rest. The following excerpt is from Chapter 5, "Brown and Go."
Is there anything simpler or more fun to eat than nachos? A pile of chips topped with cheese and yummy brisket (plus some deli jalapeños for a little kick!). When my hubby was in college, my favorite place to eat when I would go visit him was a BBQ joint that served the most delicious Brisket Nachos. This is my version of that favorite supper.
- 1 bag of your favorite tortillas chips
- 1 pound beef brisket, shredded
- About 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- About 8 green onions, chopped
- Deli jalapeños for garnish, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish or several individual baking dishes with cooking spray. Layer the chips across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next, add the brisket on top of the chips, and then the Cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted and the chips are nicely browned. Remove from oven and garnish with the deli jalapeños.
More from Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
- Andrea's Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- BBQ Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe with Pulled Pork
- Brisket and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe