In Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love, Shay Shull helps readers feel the "Super Mom effect" of having dinner simmering and ready to eat after an exhausting day. Shull utilizes her slow cooker to create delicious meals from her tweaked versions of her favorite recipes. Readers can have mouthwatering meals ready for them at the end of the day by just tossing a few ingredients together and letting the slow cooker take care of the rest. The following excerpt is from Chapter 5, "Brown and Go."
Some nights you just need a big old bite of comfort food. I took my favorite brisket and turned it into this insanely delicious grilled cheese sandwich with bacon. With bacon. Brisket, bacon, cheese, and crusty bread... if that's not comfort food, I don't know what is.
- 1 pound beef brisket, cooked and shredded
- About 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices of good quality French bread (or whatever bread you love!)
- About 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded brisket and BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Lay out four slices of bread. Top each slice with two pieces of cooked and crispy bacon. Next, add a big scoop of the BBQ brisket and then top with shredded cheese.
- Place another slice of bread on top and get ready to grill.
- Add the butter to the hot griddle or skillet and allow to melt. One at a time, add your sandwiches and slightly press down with a spatula. After a few minutes, flip them over and brown the other side.
- Remove from grill, slice in half, and serve immediately.
More from Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
- Brisket Nachos Recipe
- Andrea's Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- BBQ Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe with Pulled Pork