Make this breakfast casserole a night ahead, and just pop it in the oven to warm before serving.
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 2 pounds pork sausage
• 6 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 medium potatoes, boiled, cooled, peeled and cubed
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, melt oil. Add onion, and cook until tender. Add and brown sausage, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Drain, and set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and hot sauce. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. Arrange potatoes in bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with sausage-onion mixture. Pour egg mixture evenly over top.
5. Cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until center is set. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Looking for more hearty breakfast ideas? Check out these Country Breakfast Foods.