- 1 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup golden flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Into medium bowl, sift flours, flax meal, baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
- In large bowl, beat eggs lightly with whisk. Add oil, honey and vanilla, and whisk until well-combined. Add flour mixture, and mix until blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from pan. Want more fresh, cool recipes? Visit Quick Summer Recipes.
Blueberry muffins are a classic for a reason, and they are especially delightful made with fresh blueberries.