Blueberry muffins are a classic for a reason, and they are especially delightful made with fresh blueberries.
• 1 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
• 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
• 1/2 cup golden flax meal
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
2. Into medium bowl, sift flours, flax meal, baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs lightly with whisk. Add oil, honey and vanilla, and whisk until well-combined. Add flour mixture, and mix until blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
Want more fresh, cool recipes? Visit Quick Summer Recipes.