These blueberry muffins are a subtle twist on the traditional recipe, with walnuts for added crunch.
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed, drained
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. Stir in vanilla, and beat until thoroughly blended. Fold in blueberries and walnuts.
5. Divide batter evenly among paper liners, filling about 2⁄3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.