Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Prepared pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In large bowl, gently stir together berries, sugar and tapioca. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Roll out half the pastry dough into 11-inch-diameter circle on lightly floured surface. Transfer pastry to 9-inch pie plate, and trim, leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
- Pour berry mixture into pastry in pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to form 12-inch circle. Carefully place over filling. Seal and flute edges. Cut several slits in top pastry to permit steam to escape.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until crust is golden and juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool completely before serving.
Very Berry Pie
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES