Very Berry Pie
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES
• 1-1/2 cups blueberries
• 1-1/2 cups raspberries
• 1 cup blackberries
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
• Prepared pastry for double-crust pie
• 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In large bowl, gently stir together berries, sugar and tapioca. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Roll out half the pastry dough into 11-inch-diameter circle on lightly floured surface. Transfer pastry to 9-inch pie plate, and trim, leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
4. Pour berry mixture into pastry in pie plate. Dot with butter.
5. Roll out remaining pastry to form 12-inch circle. Carefully place over filling. Seal and flute edges. Cut several slits in top pastry to permit steam to escape.
6. Bake for 1 hour, or until crust is golden and juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool completely before serving.